Is Setting Up a Gym in Your Home a Good Investment?
1. A Home Gym Saves You Money in the Long-Term
The upfront cost of installing a smart home gym system can be overwhelming for many at first, especially if you’re used to a lower monthly gym membership. However, if you add up the monthly cost of a commercial gym membership fee versus the cost of having your own home system, you will likely find that setting up a home gym is the more cost-effective alternative.
2. You’ll Be Able to Squeeze in Workouts Anytime
Speaking of convenience…
3. There’s No Pressure or Competition
4. Work Out in a Controlled Environment with Fewer Distractions
There are many elements in commercial gyms that were initially intended to entertain or stimulate you while you exercise — such as TV screens and ambient music — but they often end up distracting you. There are also always different conversations happening simultaneously all around you, which can add to the stuffy feeling of an enclosed space with too many bodies. You might have to wait for a piece of equipment to be free, so to kill time, instead of doing another exercise, you get on your phone and start scrolling through social media.
5. You Can Customize Your Workouts Based on Your Goals
Fitness goals can vary per person, and they can (and should) change over time. Some people aim to lose weight, while others want to bulk up or build muscle. Some athletes simply want a way to decompress after a trying day at work, while others might be training for a competition. Here’s the thing: Different fitness goals require different workouts. What works best for one person might not work at all for the next. Unfortunately, some commercial gyms may not have the specific equipment you need, or they might charge additional fees for access to the classes and trainers you’re looking for.
Get Your Home Gym Started with Tempo
- While you might currently be paying for every class you take, Tempo comes with more than 2,000 workouts for you to choose from, all for one monthly price.
- Work out right at home, whenever you want. No matter what time of day (or night) it is, our workouts and guided coaching are available to you. Plus, since our system is compact, it can be used just about anywhere.
- Train on your terms. We’ll help you customize your workouts based on your unique goals. We’ll even make recommendations for the weights you should be using, the rep schemes you should follow, and how you can improve your performance and technique. Your coach and our AI-powered sensors will always help you train safely and efficiently.
- Easily track your progress right within Tempo so you’ll know exactly how you’re improving over time — and where you might need to direct more of your attention.
- Get the most with the least amount of equipment. In our opinion, less is more. We have plenty of bodyweight options within our workouts. Beyond that, we’ll show you how to get stronger and leaner using nothing but free weights.